Council sets up development business to deliver Otterpool Park garden town
28th May 2020
Folkestone & Hythe District Council’s cabinet has taken a further step towards delivering an exciting and ambitious vision for a new garden town for the district.
This is the name of the business that will now take the lead on driving forward proposals for Otterpool Park garden town. Wholly owned by the council, it will have a number of responsibilities, including:
- Leading and coordinating development activity
- Leading and coordinating the delivery of infrastructure works
- Becoming the applicant for the existing planning application and any future submissions
- Facilitating partnerships, to bring forward housing and employment opportunities
- Holding and managing residential, commercial, agricultural, and/or industrial land
- Commissioning professional services
- Managing new community infrastructure
Andy Jarrett, spokesman for Otterpool Park, said: “Establishing a business, agreed by the Council’s cabinet, is a necessary part of delivering a project of the size and ambition of Otterpool Park.
“It marks another significant milestone for the project, helping to ensure that we meet our pledge of delivering a sustainable garden town fit for the 21st century.”