Salary: c.£55,000 - £60,000
Reporting directly to the Managing Director the post holder will provide expert financial analysis and technical advice to senior leaders while developing and overseeing the company’s accounting infrastructure and transactional financial systems, processes and control activities to ensure that Otterpool Park LLP’s objectives and regulatory obligations are met.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide professional and technical financial advice (including tax advice as relevant) to the Managing Director, Board and other relevant stakeholders on the financial implications of current and proposed activities.
- Provide professional support including financial modelling, scenario planning, options appraisal, business planning and estimates to enable informed decision making.
- Work with consultants and advisors to ensure there is an internal understanding of the financial implications of initiatives, supporting the assessment of risks and the robustness of estimates made.
- Undertake risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and support the evaluation and management of capital structure and fundraising initiatives.
- Work with the Managing Director on budgeting, forecasting and planning activities.
- Monitor budgets and expenditure. To review key financial strategies and initiatives, returns and plans, monitoring financial performance, producing regular variance reports, and establishing / advising corrective measures as required.
- Prepare monthly management accounts. Take the lead role in financial reporting processes, ensuring that financial statements are completed to the specified standards and deadlines.
- Develop accounting infrastructure and financial systems and processes, ensuring that financial record-keeping arrangements are managed in line with legislation, the organisation’s obligations and current professional standards.
- Ensure that financial reporting is accurate, relevant and timely to support effective decision-making and meet the organisation’s obligations, including statutory responsibilities.
- Ensure that cash flow is compatible with the company’s operations by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, and internal control activities of the organisation.
- Take a lead role on analysing financial position and performance and presenting such reports, including risk analysis, to the Managing Director and Board as required.
- Ensure that all financial management activity, policies, practices, tools and reporting is in line with best practice and compliant with legislation / regulation or emerging changes to legislation / regulation.
- Undertake professional and technical research and provide timely advice to Managing Director and/or Board on the impacts of any changes or developments and the required action to address them.
- Complete and submit statutory returns, including VAT and CIS returns.
- Complete any other statutory requests for information (including Freedom of Information requests) from external bodies in accordance with prescribed timescales.
- Ensure that adequate insurance coverage is in place.
- Manage all aspects of transactional finance, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable, receivable and payroll duties.
- Support the Managing Director with the drafting of future business plans.
- Operate and act in accordance with the Otterpool Park Protocol for Officers.
- Undertake corporate training as required
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as directed.
- Full CCAB qualification / Part CCAB qualification with extensive relevant experience.
- Extensive demonstrable finance management experience at a senior level
- Extensive experience of providing professional financial advice to senior stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Experience of managing transactional financial processes, including knowledge of CIS and Payroll.
- Ability to adopt a strategic perspective while overseeing operational delivery
- Experience of undertaking financial modelling
- Experience of reviewing financial modelling undertaken by third parties to assess its robustness and suitability to aid decision making
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to analyse complex financial data and present to non-financial recipients
- Ability to operate on own initiative and with minimal supervision as part of a small team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to understand and comply with legislation and regulations that apply to the company
For an informal discussion regarding this role please contact John Bunnett (Managing Director) on 07548 342541 or email John.
To apply please submit your CV along with covering letter by Monday 21st June.